Tuesday, September 28, 2010

And the training has begun!

I've ignored it long enough. It is time.  I've dreaded this day because of the process. What am I talking about?! Well today is Matthew's first day potty training! Yay!!!! He has had 2 accidents, but has had 4 successes!!! He has been telling me since he was 18 months old: "mama, pipi, pupu "(in spanish of course-haha) to change him. He is now 25 months old and I don't want to buy anymore diapers!!!

He makes me laugh, Caleb and I where laughing because Matthew felt funny in underwear and was walking funny. But he is getting use to it. Caleb has been a great encourager telling Matthew, good job! high five! and reminds him if he needs to use the potty. We are doing a choo choo train chart  http://childavenue.com/images/Printables/train_potty_sm.gif
and he places stickers on it! He has been enjoying that and runs to his chart to put the sticker on it after using the potty. I'll update later in the week to let you know how we are doing, or if I've given up (hahah). Pray for us!
Here is a picture of the smiling, happy boy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Que gran trabajo has hecho mi bella sis, a mi tambien me dio risa al momento de ver la foto, mi mom la vio tambien y le causa mucha risa pero a la vez ternura, dice que te felicita por tener paciencia pa entrenar o mas bien enseñar a lo niños a ir al baño.
Seguiremos orando por vos y la familia, miles de besitos!