Saturday, September 25, 2010

Homeschool



We have been doing school now for 23 days. The different things we are doing are: Writing, reading, phonics, spelling, math, history, science, geography, social studies, art we do these different days, not all at once. While I do things with Caleb, Matthew joins in by doing things he is able to do. He knows what the letter A looks like and says words like apple, applesauce, pineapple (his favorite words to say). He is also learning his colors by playing a matching game with me. Our week looks like this: In the morning Caleb makes his bed and takes a shower and gets dressed to begin his day. After doing that he comes to eat breakfast. While we are still sitting at the table we read scripture and sing songs. This past week we learned about being attentive. We are also learning Romans 8 (the whole chapter - we are doing this along with our church) and then we pray (Matthew prays, Caleb prays and I pray) We are done by 8:30am we get up and clean up. While I do dishes and clean up the kitchen the boys watch Cat in the Hat, which starts at 8:30am. One of their favorites. We begin school at 9am. Caleb will do his calendar and writing while I nurse the baby. Joshua goes down for a nap by 9:30am and then I work with Caleb with reading and phonics. Or whatever is on the schedule for that day. He is doing great! I am very proud of him. He works hard and likes to do his letters neatly and he takes his time. He is learning how to subtract and doing very well. He is also playing the piano and practices daily.  We have joined a co op at RCCC. Here are a few photos of that. You will also see below photos of the boys during our homeschool at home. There is also a video of Caleb reciting a poem with his illustration. Sorry that for some reason the video comes out to the side, so you might tilt your head a bit (hahah) I am proud of my boys and am so thankful to my sweet Lord for giving me the opportunity to be at home with them and teach them. Enjoy! Please leave a comment to let me know you've been around and to let us know how you are doing and how we can pray for you! Love ~Karla
Caleb in one of the Homeschool Co-op classes.Learning about Fall

Learning about seeds and pumpkins

Matthew matching the animal crackers with the animals on the cards

Caleb Illustrating his Poem about the Caterpillar

Matthew coloring

A dance class offered at co-op. Caleb is not a part of this class

A co-op class with different students


Caleb doing copy work                                                                                              







3 comments:

Rachael Davis said...

Karla, I love this glimpse into your homeschool day! I appreciate that you have a loose schedule - it encourages me that it's possible to homeschool with structure! What co-op are you a part of? I'd love to know more about that as we pray about what to do with Lana for K.

Karla said...

Hi Rachael, we are a part of the co-op at Richland Creek and also Lighthouse. We have truly been enjoying both.

Unknown said...

Q lindos los sobrinitos, estudiando con mama, no hay mejor cosa q los niños se crien por su mami! Felicidades sis segui adelante y que Dios te de las fuerzas necesarias cada mañana!
Bendiciones, besos y abrazos para todos!
Los amo mucho :)